This post is for Stampin' Up! Demonstrators, but can be used by anyone with a blog that would like a cute clock added to their sidebar. Judy Veasey, a Stampin' Up! demonstrator told me about this while I was setting up her new blog – thanks Judy!
There is one that looks like the new Sock Monkey!
- Click here to get it!
- Under the monkey, click on view HTML.
- At the next pop-up window, click Accept.
- In the next window, select your time zone.
- Change the size of the monkey if you'd like, but the 150×150 will fit in your sidebar.
- At the bottom of this window, you can click "Add Widget" and it will show prompt you to login to your Typepad account if you are not already. Then it will display an area called "Add a Sidebar Widget", where you will select which Weblog you want to add it to.
- Select the desired weblog (if you are using Advanced templates there is another way of doing this with adding the HTML — contact me for those instructions separately).
- Give the Widget a name.
- Then click "Add Widget".
- Then, you can go to the Design tab of your weblog, and choose Order Content to determine where you want to place the newly added widget.
- Login to your Blogger account.
- From the Dashboard, choose Layout.
- Click on Page Elements (if not already there by default).
- Click on Add a Gadget.
- Enter a Title (or leave blank).
- Save changes.
- Then, drag and drop the new element to where you want it displayed in your sidebar.