There is a way to do this without having to pay an extra $5 a month to use Constant Contact's Archive feature!
Here are some basic instructions using MS Word.
- Open the email newsletter (from within your email system).
- Select everything/all (CTRL + A).
- Copy (CTRL + C)
- Then open MS Word.
- Then do a Paste (CTRL + V).
- Then manually delete some of the header and footer information from the email and newsletter that you don't need.
- Adjust margins if you have to.
- Then SAVE the Word document.
If you have Typepad….
- Upload the Word file to your file manager (Control Panel, Files…click the Browse button to find the Word document and then Upload).
- Then when you see the file listed on the left, right-click on it and select Copy Shortcut from the menu that appears.
- Create a Links Typelist (a new Typelist with the title Newsletters for example).
- Then you will see where you can Paste in the URL path. And then give the link a name/label such as June 2009.
- Save and Publish the Typelist.
If you are using Blogger…..
- Create a Google Docs account (it's free and uses the same Blogger acct info, www.docs.google.com).
- Upload the file.
- Publish the file and select/copy the LINK provided when you publish it.
- Go to Layout, Page Elements, and Add a Gadget.
- Create a Links list called Newsletters or Newsletter Archives.
- For Title/Name of the link maybe April 2009, and then paste the LINK you copied from Google Docs.
- Save the gadget.
- Drag and drop where you want it on the sidebar.