Since we all know "things" happen in cyberspace, it is best to backup your blog occasionally (just in case….).
To do this in Typepad,
- go to Settings, then Import/Export.
- Then click the Export button.
- It will take a few minutes to produce a "Download" link. This is a link to a file that has your blog's data in a Moveable Type Format.
- Right-click the link and Save Target As (to save the text file to your computer) or simply click the link to open the file and then do a File->Save As to save it to your computer.
Then, if you had to do an Import. You would come to the same place and choose to Import.
- Then choose the Moveable Type (Typepad) Format.
- Then select to choose a file from your computer.
- Choose this file (you just exported), and continue.