I love when people leave comments! In a recent comment to the "Adding the Facebook Like Button" post, a reader asked if I could explain how to do the same thing but with Twitter's Retweet button. So here we go…
- First, go to the Dashboard, then Design, then Edit HTML.
- Click the check box to Expand Widgets Templates.
- Then search for <data:post.body/> (use CTRL + F to use a Find/Search to assist in finding the code faster).
- paste in this code as shown below or you can download it here:
- Then click Save Template. You're done and will now see this on your blog (where I also have the Facebook Like button as we previously discussed):
So, if you were or a blog reader were to click on the Tweet button (to re-tweet the post), then you will be prompted to connect to Twitter.
- Click on Yes to connect to Twitter.
- Enter your Twitter account information and click Sign In.
- Then you will be prompted to Allow or Deny access. Click Allow.
- Then you will see your blog post as a Tweet (Retweet This):
- Click on Tweet.
- On your blog, you will now see it has been "tweeted":
That's it! You're done 😀
Remember to post comments or email me questions and I'd gladly answer and post them on my blog as tutorials to help others too!