Recently in a group for Stampin' Up! demonstrators we discussed SEO and which blog platforms rank better. WordPress basically owns the blogging market and has some free and paid wonderful SEO plug-ins, but you can "rank" in whatever blogging platform you use. It basically comes down to this…
- You need to post consistently. Two to three times a week is highly recommended. Some post every day. While that is possible for some, it's not realistic for others. So pick a post schedule that is "attainable" and you will not get frustrated, you will accomplish that goal, feel good, and therefore continue 😀
- You need to categorize your posts.
- You need to use keywords, tags. (special boxes in TypePad and WordPress)
- You need to use Heading Styles in your posts.
- You need to use keywords in your post content.
- You need to enter your Blog Title and Description.
- You need to edit your Meta Keywords and Description. (can be done in editing HTML in Blogger)
- You need to implement "interlinking" – that is to link to other pages and posts within your own site!
- You need to do some link building – where you are linking to other high-quality sites and having other sites link to you.
- You need to have share buttons so visitors can quickly and easily share your posts with others, increasing your site's exposure.
Be passionate about what you are writing about! I also think that is an important blog factor so I wanted to mention it here.
For more SEO Tips, click here, and more to come.
Have a wonderful weekend. Monday's post will be a special announcement on one of the NEW products I've been working so hard over the last months. Can't wait! Be sure to visit on Monday to check it out!