The following is a mini-tutorial on how to add an image to your sidebar and then have it link to the Stampin' Up! website page (for that given special, promotion or catalog).
In this example, we will use a link to the new Recruitment special.
- Login to Typepad.
- First, upload the file of the image you want to use, such as the image you've created for the Recruitement special. See the following tutorial for help on creating a sidebar image:https://www.blogsbyheather.com/2008/08/create-image-fo.html
- Click on Library from the top, then File Manager.
- Click the Browse button to select an image from your computer.
- Then click Upload.
- Once uploaded, right-click on the newly added file (you will see it on the left) and select Copy Link or Copy Shortcut (that is copying the URL address for you).
- Next, go to Design, and then Content.
- In the middle box, click the Embed Own HTML Code.
- On the right box, click Add Module.
- In the box that appears, you'll enter the HTML code that includes the 1) link to the post or page or PDF you want to link to and 2) a link to the image you just uploaded to your file manager. Such as:
<a href=”http://www.stampinup.com/us/documents/US_99_Start_Kit_promo.pdf” target=”_blank”> <img src="the location of your file from the File Manager" alt=”Join Stampin’ Up! Now for $99”></a>
- Click Save.
- Drag and drop where you want the widget to appear in your sidebar.
- Be sure to click Save Changes as well at the bottom of the Design/Content area for the change to be truly saved.
- Now it will appear on your blog!
For those using Advanced Templates, it is a little different in getting it to appear on your blog (contact me for additional instruction: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Hope this helps!