I'm sure you have noticed Facebook has modified many of its features, specifically the use of usernames – people love the ability to create a username which customizes your Facebook URL. For example, I created the username Blogs By Heather and my new URL to my Facebook Page is http://www.facebook.com/BlogsByHeather (it was previously http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blogs-By-Heather/295037003685).
You can do this once you have 25 likes.
You can do this with your main account as well, not just for your "pages". For example, mine is now http://www.facebook.com/heather.wrightporto.
To set a Facebook Page Username:
- Login into your Facebook Account.
- Then from the left, click on Ads and Pages.
- From the left, click on Pages.
- Click on Edit Page under the Page you would like to create the username for. NOTE, you can setup the username for your main account as well.
- In this figure you can see my username is already created; but it is in that area you would check availability of a username and set it (and you can only do this ONCE so be careful).
- To learn more about this new feature, click here.
- More on Facebook coming – the new iFrames component and what that meas for you! What new services I will soon be showcasing and offering to you to help increase your presence on Facebook and customize it's appearance!
- What You Need To Know Webinars schedule to be announced within days! Newsletter subscribers will get the first heads-up!
- More on the Reorganize Your Blog SERIES where we'll be discussing how to create custom dropdown boxes using HTML code (a step further and more advanced than the last article).
- More coverage of the Blogging Success Summit 2011 SERIES with focus on Facebook!